Google’s revenue e from ads amounted to around $95 billion in 2017. A major portion of this was contributed by the company’s AdWords program.
Initially developed back in 2000, AdWords is the largest advertising platform on the internet. It presents as a vital advertisement tool for all online marketers.
Few facts about Google AdWords that truly make it the ideal for marketing include:
- For every $1 that businesses spend on AdWords, they make $2 in return.
- There are more than 1.2 million businesses that are currently using AdWords.
- Total AdWords spending increased around 27% from December 2012 to December 2013.
- Ads placed in Google have more than 54% chance of generating a lead compared to TV commercials which have an 11% chance.
- Google ads reach around 80% of the total internet users worldwide.
Such high numbers make Google AdWords the principal marketing tool for businesses. Moreover, this program also offers several advantages over other advertising platforms.
Some of these advantages include:
- It works comparatively better than SEO
Organic search results are trustworthy if they come in the first page of SERPs. However, to do that, businesses require fresh and informative content that can keep the users engaged. Thus, a business would require creating more content regularly to stay ahead of their competitors and in the top ranks in SERP.
In addition to that, a website would take months to come up in rankings after hosting quality content.
On the other hand, AdWords eliminates the need for all that. Businesses don’t need a content creation team thereby eliminating more hassle.
- It keeps marketing under budget
One of the primary benefits of AdWords is that marketers can control how much they spend behind ads. Businesses can fix a specific amount they want to invest per day on an ad. This way marketeers can devise a budget specifically catered to advertising.
- It offers superior transparency
Google provides several analytics with AdWords that can deliver countless data. This can enable a business to quickly determine whether their marketing campaign is going as planned or not. Some of the analytics one can get includes:
- Which keyword created the most traffic?
- How much traffic has the ads generated?
- What is the nature of the user that clicked on the ads?
- How many leads has the ads created?
Compared to other forms of marketing, be it online or offline AdWords offers the most transparency and this is one the reasons for its mass popularity.
- It is highly flexible
AdWords delivers superb flexibility to marketers and gives them the option to customize it as many ways as they want to. Not just Google search engine, businesses can place their ads in YouTube, Gmail, and several products.
Moreover, with the help of keywords, they can target specific user queries that get searched the most. Ads can also be placed depending on the users language, time, and location. Marketers can also target the device (computer, mobile, etc.) one is using to browse the web.
Marketers have gained significant revenue when they advertised through AdWords program. Its capability to include product images, contact details, location, and others within an ad makes it more efficient.